Sunday, November 29, 2009

Featured Artist Friday: Nov. 27

Outkast- Chronometrophobia
You gotta love the movie Idlewild, it's been a while since I've been captivated by a musical. And Big Boi & Andre 3000 don't disappoint us with their work. The soundtrack for the movie is a great album to have in your collection. This happens to be one of my fav's off of it.

Jaspects- Falling
I had the opportunity to interview this band and I was able to see them perform (check the archives for this interview). It's rare we come across real musicians anymore. And this group definitely does a great job at blending jazz, soul & hip hop together to make some excellent & clean cuts.

Miguel- Sure Thing
Every song that I hear from this guy, I've liked. Here's someone who knows how to make GOOD MUSIC! Seriously. And this was the first song that I heard from him and it's my favorite. I have yet to become tired of hearing it.

Wale- Pretty Girls
Probably one of the best artists to come out of the DMV area in a good while. I'm happy to see someone who's been able to blend GoGo into mainstream music. His current & freshmen album, Attention Deficit, is getting a lot of attention in the streets. So far, people are definitely feeling his message.

No comments:

Post a Comment